Matchbook Winery has always been committed to supporting charitable endeavors in our community through donations and participation in fundraising events. Due to the large volume of requests we receive, we give priority to non-profit organizations serving Yolo County. To request a donation or participation in an event, please read the guidelines below.
- All requests must be submitted in writing on organization letterhead stating the nature of the request, along with the date, time and location of the event and the primary contact name, email and phone number. Please state clearly the donation requested; for instance, the request is for an auction item, for wine to be served to attendees or participation in a wine tasting event.
- Requests can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Matchbook Winery, Attn: Donation Requests, PO Box 493, Zamora CA 95698.
- Wine donations can only be made to nonprofit organizations with 501(c)3 status. You will be asked to provide a copy of your IRS designation letter if the donation or event participation is approved.
- Please submit requests at least 60 days prior to the event.
- In order to help as many charitable fundraisers as possible, we ask organizations to limit requests to one per calendar year.
- All groups receiving donations will be responsible for making arrangements to pick up the donation at Matchbook Winery.
- Organizations must provide a copy of their one-day ABC license secured for the event prior to pick up of donations. Forms and instructions on how to obtain an ABC Daily License Authorization (Form ABC-221) can be found at www.abc.ca.gov/licensing/license-forms/.
- We are unable to donate wine to fundraisers held at establishments that hold a liquor license unless the establishment’s alcohol license has been surrendered allowing the non-profit to obtain the mandatory day-use alcohol permit in their own name. Forms and instructions on ABC-231 can be found at www.abc.ca.gov/licensing/license-forms/surrender-license/.
- Submitting a donation request does not guarantee a donation.