As we make the transition from summer to fall, this quarter’s Wine Club recipe is the perfect way to get you through the last lingering bits of summer heat. Our very own Maureen Henderson, Tasting Room Manager, brings you a delicious Sangria Verde! Around here, she is known as the “Martha Stewart” of the office and tasting room – she can craft, cook, bake and host an event like no other!
Below Maureen explains why she loves making Sangria Verde:
“If there’s one thing I love when making up cocktails, it’s fresh herbs. They’re not just for cooking, they can be the perfect flavor to enhance a drink. This sangria, with it’s fresh mint and basil plays nicely with our Mossback Chardonnay’s crisp green apple flavor and honeysuckle aromas. It’s a great addition to any party and can be prepared ahead of time! I highly recommend freezing the grapes as a substitute for ice!”
Sangria Verde Recipe
Makes: 4-6 servings
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1 cup honeydew melon, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green apple, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh basil leaves
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 1 bottle of Mossback Russian River Valley Chardonnay
- 3/4 cup elderflower syrup or liqueur
- 2 cups of your favorite sparkling water or hard seltzer, citrus or unflavored
- Mint leaves for garnish
- 2 handfuls of frozen green table grapes
- In a large pitcher, combine lime, green apple, basil and mint.
- Pour in entire contents of Mossback Russian River Valley Chardonnay wine and elderflower syrup. Stir and chill for one hour.
- Before serving, add honeydew and top with sparkling beverage (ours is Key Lime La Croix!). Stir.
- Serve in a wine glass with green grape “ice cubes” and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Visit our wine store to get a bottle of Mossback Russian River Valley Chardonnay!