Follow the recipe below to enjoy a delicately sweet cupcake that will have you seeing the world through Rosé colored (wine) glasses. Prepared with 2017 Estate Bottled Tinto Rey Rosé. Cheers!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup 2017 Tinto Rey Estate Bottled Rosé wine
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2017 Tinto Rey Estate Bottled Rosé wine
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- Additional raspberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- With hand-held mixer, beat butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine eggs, egg yolk, 2017 Tinto Rey Estate Bottled Rosé and almond extract. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to mixer in 3 additions, alternating with egg mixture, stirring to combine after each addition. Beat briefly until smooth.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners, filling each cup 2/3 full. Bake 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For frosting, combine raspberries and 2017 Tinto Rey Estate Bottled Rosé in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil and simmer until reduced and thickened to about 1/4 cup, about 30 minutes. Pass through mesh strainer to remove seeds and let cool.
- With hand-held mixer, mix butter, powdered sugar, salt and raspberry rosé reduction mixture. Beat until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Frost cupcakes as desired.
Makes: 16 cupcakes | Prep time: 1 hour, 15 minutes