We’re warming things up a little this February with our new Sausage and Pepper Flatbread recipe! The balance of spice and crisp pepper flavors pair perfectly with the release of Mossback Chalk Hill Merlot – our first Tasting Room Exclusive! This is one of my favorite recipes so far, for its versatility and for the opportunity to use Christopher Ranch Garlic from my hometown of Gilroy! I highly recommend experimenting with some different balsamic vinegars to add some interesting dimension! I hope you enjoy our brand new Merlot with some excellent food and great company!
Makes: Approximately 5 – 6 servings | Total Prep/Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 flatbread crust
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Christopher Ranch garlic
- 1-2 tbsp. mayo
- 1-2 tbsp. Matchbook Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat broiler.
- Brown sausage in pan, drain excess oil and set aside. In the same pan, heat a tablespoon of oil and cook bell peppers for 2 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for 10 seconds, add in cooked sausage and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Place the sausage and pepper mixture into a bowl. Mix in mayo and set aside.
- Brush flatbread lightly with oil and place on a cookie sheet. Toast in the oven for 45 seconds on broil.
- Remove bread from oven and top with sausage mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, green onion, and cherry tomato slices. Return to oven and broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Plate and enjoy with a glass of Mossback Chalk Hill Merlot.
Tips & Mods:
- Sharing is caring. Swap out crostini for flatbread to make a shareable snack!
- Spice it up! Use a spicy Italian sausage or chorizo to add some zing.
- Want crispier crust? Use a pizza stone instead of a cookie sheet.
Mossback Chalk Hill Merlot is available exclusively in our tasting room!
Want more information about how to join the Matchbook Wine Club? Visit our website, click here.