Pair this delicious appetizer with our Tinto Rey Rosé. The creamy blue cheese and savory prosciutto pair perfectly with the refreshing stone fruit flavors of the Rosé. Enjoy!
(click to enlarge images)
Prosciutto-Wrapped Dates with Blue Cheese
• 16 fresh dates
• 4 oz. blue cheese
• 8 thin slices of prosciutto, halved lengthwise
• Matchbook Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to drizzle
• Balsamic glaze, to drizzle
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Use a small sharp knife to cut a slit in each date. Remove and discard pit.
• Spoon 1 teaspoon of blue cheese into each date. Press to enclose filling.
• Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each date and place on baking sheet.
• Drizzle with Matchbook Extra Virgin Olive Oil and balsamic glaze.
• Cook for 8 minutes or until desired crispiness.
Makes: 16 | Prep Time: 15 minutes