This quick and tasty appetizer pairs deliciously with our Estate Bottled Tinto Rey Verdejo
“The flavors of the creamy goat cheese amplify the citrus notes of the Verdejo. It’s delicious!” says Matchbook team member, Ken Lazzaroni.
Click on images to enlarge
Goat Cheese Crostini with Olive Tapenade
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange rind
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Matchbook Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 32 slices of crostini (fresh sliced baguette or packaged crostini)
- Combine green olives, parsley, capers, orange rind, salt and pepper in in food processor.
- Add olive oil until mixture is finely chopped.
- Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons goat cheese over each baguette slice, and top each with about 1 1/2 teaspoons tapenade.
Tip: For extra flavor and color, garnish with a sliver of sun-dried tomato.
Makes: 32 servings (1 crostini each) | Prep Time: 5 minutes