Our January Wine Club was a hit from shipping all over the nation to our always fun and relaxing pick-up parties on our patio. We shared a simply sweet and delicious recipe, Delectable Chocolate Truffles, to pair with one of the Wine Club selections, the new 2020 vintage of Pillars of Hercules Red Blend. Our tasting room crew had the tough job of trying different toppings and finding their favorites paired with this bold and juicy red blend.
Try this 4 ingredient recipe with delicious results with your Valentine!
- (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened.
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Start by melting your semi-sweet chocolate chips so they are ready to go. We recommend using a double boiler method to melt, stirring frequently and using the “seeding” method to melt half a bag, then slowly cool while stirring in more chips. If using a microwave to melt – we recommend using medium heat and stirring and adding more chips every 15-30 seconds.
- In a separate large bowl, beat your softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar until well blended.
- Next stir in your melted chocolate and the 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla, and mix until no streaks remain.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and let stand until mixture is firm.
- Shape into 1 inch balls – we highly recommend using a spring action 1-2 tablespoon cookie dough/melon scooper to keep the truffles looking nice and round.
- Add your toppings!
Here are some topping suggestions from our team:
- Drizzled” – grab your favorite dark, white or even colored chocolate and drizzle on top!
- “Sweet & Spicy” – add a cinnamon red hot to the top after rolling.
- “Salted Caramel” – spread a bit of thick caramel sauce on top and a sprinkle of coarse sea salt! We used Pure Honey’s Caramel & sprinkled with Himalayan pink salt!
- “Sweet and Salty” – crush up a potato chip, pretzel or use bacon bits!
- “Love you a Latte” – add an espresso bean on top or roll in ground coffee.
Makes: Approximately 60 truffles
Total prep/cook time: 60 minutes
Refrigerated Cooling Time: 60 minutesWe want to see your truffles! Take a picture of yours and tag us on Facebook or Instagram! #matchbookwines.
Not a wine club member? Click here for more information about how to join the Matchbook Wine Club!