We are keeping it cool and fresh with this quarter’s Matchbook Wine Club selections and featured recipe. We called upon Chef Erfan Ahmadi, owner of Pollo Inferno – a Peruvian style food truck known for it’s juicy grilled meats and fresh slaws and salsas. Chef Erfan’s recipes are flavored with tasty herbs and savory spices, making the perfect meal to pair with our wines.
Featured this month, is a cool Blueberry Coleslaw that pairs perfectly with Matchbook Rosé of Tempranillo – an exclusive Wine Club offering! Most ingredients for the recipe can be conveniently found in your refrigerator or pantry. Throw some chicken breast or steak on the grill to complete the pairing!
Recipe: Blueberry Coleslaw
Makes: 8-10 Servings | Serving Size: 4 oz | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Time to Marinate: 4 hours
- ½ head green cabbage (shredded)
- ½ head red cabbage (shredded)
- 2 large carrots (Julienned)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup roasted pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 cup cream cheese
- Mix all the dressing ingredients except cream cheese in a bowl large enough for all the ingredients.
- Add all the cut cabbage, carrot and cilantro to the bowl and mix with the dressing.
- Add cream cheese and work it through the entire batch by hand.
- Leave in the refrigerator for about 4 hours to allow flavors to settle and marinate.
- After 4 hour add fresh blueberries and pecans.
Try Our June Wine Club Trio Selections:
- 2018 Matchbook Rosé of Tempranillo
(Wine Club Exclusive, not available online)
- 2018 Chasing Venus Marlborough, New Zealand, Sauvignon Blanc
Member Price: $13.59 | Regular Price: $15.99
- 2016 Mossback Chalk Hill Cabernet Sauvignon
Member Price: $24.99 | Regular Price: $21.24
Want more information about how to join the Matchbook Wine Club? Visit our website, click here.