BREAKING NEWS! Our 2017 The Arsonist Red Blend made the Wine Enthusiast’s 2020 Top 100 List coming in at #71.
This makes two (2!) Matchbook wines featured on Wine Enthusiast’s top 100 lists this year: 2018 Matchbook Cabernet Sauvignon coming in at #28 on the Top 100 Best Buy list and now 2017 The Arsonist Red Blend on the Top 100 list.
Our 2017 The Arsonist Red Blend will be on the list in Wine Enthusiast’s Best of the Year issue to be released on December 15.
Congrats again to our amazing winemaking and vineyard teams for working together to make fabulous, high-scoring wines from the Dunnigan Hills!
It’s International Tempranillo Day! We’re celebrating with a SALE. Enjoy two of our bold, Spanish-style reds at a special price today (11/12/2020) only!
Tempranillo is a grape indigenous to Spain and used in the great Rioja and Ribera del Duero wines, you can find it planted in 500,000 acres of the world’s vineyards, making it the fourth most planted wine grape, and that would be enough reason to celebrate.
Until recently, the entire acreage was almost all grown in Spain. This noble grape is rapidly spreading, creating excitement and a spirit of cooperation among adventurous vintners bringing this Old World variety to New World soils. Tempranillo today is grown in many countries including our very own Dunnigan Hills. And that’s why The Tapa Society (Tempranillo Advocates, Producers and Amigos Society) established this yearly celebration – International Tempranillo Day. (via Tapa Society)
Tinto Rey Estate Bottled Tempranillo
SALE: $13 • Regular: $15.99
Spain meets California in our Tinto Rey Tempranillo. Spicy old-world flavors play nicely with the bright juiciness of Dunnigan Hills fruit. Buy Now »
Tinto Rey Estate Bottled Super Tinto Red Blend
SALE: $16 • Regular: $21.99
We chose the most flavorful lots of Estate Grown Tempranillo, Graciano, Tannat and Petit Verdot to create this unique Dunnigan Hills blend. There is a lot going on in this complex red with flavors that keep unfolding with each sip. Buy Now »
Since I have always enjoyed baking for my family and friends during the holidays, I decided to test my skills and come up with my own creation for this quarter’s Wine Club recipe. One of my favorite pairings is dark chocolate and red wine, and I hope you enjoy this quarter’s recipe for “Anna’s Holiday Chocolate Bars” as much as I do! (For best results, pair it with a glass of The Arsonist Red Blend).
Speaking of perfect holiday pairings – I think most of us would agree that 2020 has been a tough year, making wine one of the best gifts you can give this holiday season! So take advantage of your 15% Wine Club discount and give the gift of Matchbook Wine. Some of my favorite gift-worthy wines are the rich and creamy 2018 The Arsonist Chardonnay, or the toasty and smooth 2017 Mossback Chalk Hill Merlot. Order your wine online or visit our tasting room now to get a head start on your holiday shopping! Let’s spread holiday cheer one bottle at a time!
Makes: (16) 2-inch bars Total prep/cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 stick (½ cup) of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda
- ½ cup of baking cocoa
- 3 eggs and 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ pounds of fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. (I prefer convection bake).
- In a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, melt the butter with the chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool until luke-warm (5-10 minutes).
- Combine the raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the raspberries have broken down (3-5 minutes), remove from heat and press the sauce through a fine strainer to remove the seeds.
- Cool the sauce to room temperature and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes before serving.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and baking cocoa. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and creamy (about 2-3 minutes), add the vanilla and beat well.
- Add the chocolate mixture and beat until combined, add the dry ingredients and mix well (desired texture is a peanut-butter-like consistency).
- Spread the batter evenly in a greased 8×8 pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting and serving with the raspberry drizzle.
- Enjoy with a glass of The Arsonist Red Blend!
Not a wine club member? Click here for more information about how to join the Matchbook Wine Club!
We are ending the year with a holiday treat! Starting in November, we will release a coloring page every week via our weekly newsletter. Not signed up? Subscribe today!
When you place an online order, you’ll find a printed coloring book in your package! Complete and post your work to Facebook or Instagram using #matchbookwines and share the love.
Enjoy your Matchbook wines at home. Take advantage of our $9.99 flat rate shipping offer on purchases of 6 bottles of wine or more! Use code: WINENOT at checkout. SHOP NOW » (Offer expires November 1, 2020!)
Access the holiday crossword puzzle download answer key is available HERE.
Hip, hip, HOORAY! We are thrilled to be featured on
Wine Enthusiast Magazine’s Top 100 Best Buys of 2020.
Find our Matchbook Cabernet Sauvignon sitting pretty at #28!
READ MORE »
Grab a Bottle of Our Award-Winning Matchbook Cabernet!