Put on some Christmas music, fill your mug with Mulled Wine, grab a glue gun and some Matchbook corks – it’s crafter-noon!
Check out the Matchbook crew’s favorite cork crafts for the holiday season.
Cork Tree by Tasting Room Manager, Maureen H.
- Supplies: corks, Styrofoam or cardboard cone, hot glue, ribbon, and assorted mini ornaments.
- Directions: Start by gluing corks at the base of the foam tower and work your way to the top. Finish by decorating with ribbon and mini ornaments.
Snowman Wine Charms by Tasting Room Manager, Maureen H.
- Supplies: wine corks, puff paint, twine, ribbon & jewelry screw eye pins.
- Directions: Use small dots to create a smiling snowman face and nose. Let dry. Insert screw eye pin at top of the cork. Top with small bow and twine hanger. Add to your favorite bottle of Matchbook wine!
Cork Trivet by Art Director, Aileen M.
- Supplies: wine corks & Tacky glue
- Directions: Arrange corks on a flat surface in the pattern of your choice. Use craft glue to adhere. Let dry. Use as a wine bottle coaster or trivet for your Christmas casserole.
*Avoid using hot glue, which may melt when using with hot items.
Cork Bulletin Board by Tasting Room Associate, Wendy M.
- Supplies: wine corks, hot glue, craft paint or acrylic paint, tacks, and backing of your choice (Wendy used an upcycled cheese tray).
- Directions: Arrange corks in your holiday design on backing and use hot glue to adhere. Decorate and paint with festive colors. First order of business? Tacking on your grocery list: wine, wine, and more wine!
- Tip: To get the most mileage out of your corks, cut them in half with a craft knife before gluing.
Cork Wreath Ornament by Wine Club & Events Director, Anna S.
- Supplies: wine corks, hot glue, acrylic paint and artificial holly berries.
- Directions: Arrange corks in circle, glue together with hot glue. Use ornament hook or jewelry screw eye as a hanger. Tie on a twine loop to hang. Decorate with a bow, acrylic paint, and artificial holly berries.
Cork Candy Cane Ornament by Accounting Staff, Sydni F.
- Supplies: wine corks, hot glue, acrylic paint, twine, ribbon and jewelry screw eye pins.
- Directions: Arrange corks in a candy cane shape, glue together with hot glue. Let dry. Paint every other cork red. Use ornament hook or jewelry screw eye as a hanger. Tie on a twine loop to hang. Decorate with bow.