The March issue of Wine Enthusiast will feature our 2017 Matchbook Old Head Chardonnay with a 90-Point score and a Best Buy rating!
This is great, great news at the very beginning of the vintage. Once again: a huge thanks to our winemaking team for crafting such a fabulous wine; and another big thanks to vineyard crew for raising the bar on Dunnigan Hills Chardonnay.
Get a bottle of Matchbook Estate Bottled Old Head Chardonnay, click here!
Full Review: Matchbook 2017 Estate Bottled Old Head Chardonnay (Dunnigan Hills). This medium-bodied wine is subtle on the nose, but opens up on the palate to rich fruit and spice flavors that coat the tongue. It is balanced toward the soft side, but with underling acidity to balance the richness. Best Buy. — Jim Gordon
On August 30th, we celebrate International Cabernet Day*, which makes it the perfect time to announce our Matchbook 2016 Estate Bottled Cabernet Sauvignon has received 90 Points & Best Buy from Wine Enthusiast, October 2018 Issue. Cheers to celebrating Cabernet, the Matchbook way!
This wine blends subtle spices with rich fruit for a seductive flavor profile. It maintains a velvety texture on the palate and through the lingering finish. Flavors of blueberry and baking spice give it plenty of personality. —J. Gordon
Get a bottle of Matchbook Cabernet, click here!
*International Cabernet Day is celebrated the Thursday before the US Labor Day, thanks to Rick Bakas, click here to find out why.
Our smooth and seductive Spanish varietal Tempranillo is the new darling of this year’s wine competitions! The 2014 Matchbook Tempranillo was awarded Triple Gold, Best of Class in the 2018 Dan Berger International Wine Competition. This is on top of the 94 points Platinum, Best Tempranillo at the 2018 Critics Challenge International Wine Competition. Cheers to scoring more than GOLD!
Here are all the results of the competition:
- Triple Gold, Best of Class – 2014 Matchbook Tempranillo
- Gold – 2017 Tinto Rey Verdejo
- Gold – 2017 Tinto Rey Rose
- Gold – 2017 Chasing Venus Sauvignon Blanc
- Gold – 2016 Black’s Station Cabernet
- Silver – 2016 Arsonist Chardonnay
- Silver – 2015 Arsonist Red
- Silver – 2015 Mossback Cabernet
- Silver – 2016 Black’s Station Chardonnay
- Bronze – 2015 Tinto Rey Super Tinto
- Bronze – 2016 Mossback Pinot Noir
July is California State Fair time. And once again, Matchbook walked away with a bunch of awards at the annual wine competition. Enjoy the fair July 13 to 29. Enjoy the award-winning Matchbook wines all year long!
2018 California State Fair Awards:
- 2017 Matchbook Rose of Tempranillo – DOUBLE GOLD, 99 Points, Best of Class of Appellation
- 2016 Tinto Rey Verdejo – Silver, 93 points, Best of Class of Appellation
- 2016 Black’s Station Chardonnay – Silver, 93 points, Best of Class of Appellation
- 2015 Arsonist Red Blend – Silver, 91 points, Best of Class of Appellation
- 2016 Matchbook Chardonnay – Silver, 91 Points
- 2016 Matchbook Cabernet Sauvignon – Silver, 91 points
- 2016 Mossback Chardonnay – Silver, 91 Points
- 2016 Black’s Station Cabernet Sauvignon – Silver, 91 points
- 2016 Arsonist Chardonnay – Bronze
- 2017 Tinto Rey Rose – Bronze
- 2015 Mossback Cabernet Sauvignon – Bronze
- 2016 Mossback Russian River Pinot Noir – Bronze
- 2016 Mossback Central Coast Pinot Noir – Bronze
- 2016 Black’s Station Malbec – Bronze
SHOP OUR AWARD-WINNING WINES!