Follow the recipe below to enjoy a delicately sweet cupcake that will have you seeing the world through Rosé colored (wine) glasses. Prepared with 2017 Estate Bottled Tinto Rey Rosé.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup 2017 Tinto Rey Estate Bottled Rosé wine
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2017 Tinto Rey Estate Bottled Rosé wine
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- Additional raspberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- With hand-held mixer, beat butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine eggs, egg yolk, 2017 Tinto Rey Estate Bottled Rosé and almond extract. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to mixer in 3 additions, alternating with egg mixture, stirring to combine after each addition. Beat briefly until smooth.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners, filling each cup 2/3 full. Bake 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For frosting, combine raspberries and 2017 Tinto Rey Estate Bottled Rosé in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil and simmer until reduced and thickened to about 1/4 cup, about 30 minutes. Pass through mesh strainer to remove seeds and let cool.
- With hand-held mixer, mix butter, powdered sugar, salt and raspberry rosé reduction mixture. Beat until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Frost cupcakes as desired.
Makes: 16 cupcakes | Prep time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yes Way Rosé, Tell Me More:
- See how the Matchbook team celebrated Rosé Day! Click here »
- Try this appetizer that pairs perfectly with a glass of
Tinto Rey Rosé Click here »
Pair this delicious appetizer with our Tinto Rey Rosé. The creamy blue cheese and savory prosciutto pair perfectly with the refreshing stone fruit flavors of the Rosé. Enjoy!
(click to enlarge images)
Prosciutto-Wrapped Dates with Blue Cheese
• 16 fresh dates
• 4 oz. blue cheese
• 8 thin slices of prosciutto, halved lengthwise
• Matchbook Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to drizzle
• Balsamic glaze, to drizzle
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Use a small sharp knife to cut a slit in each date. Remove and discard pit.
• Spoon 1 teaspoon of blue cheese into each date. Press to enclose filling.
• Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each date and place on baking sheet.
• Drizzle with Matchbook Extra Virgin Olive Oil and balsamic glaze.
• Cook for 8 minutes or until desired crispiness.
Makes: 16 | Prep Time: 15 minutes
Celebrate your Valentine with Berry Kissed Sangria!
This fun and fruity cocktail blends a bottle of Mossback Central Coast Pinot Noir with a whole lot of love and some sangria fix’ins. We have shared the recipe below and encourage you to make some today!
Berry Kissed Sangria
- 1 bottle (750ml) Mossback Central Coast Pinot Noir
- 1 liter (about 4 cups) Lemon Lime Soda
- 3 cups Blackberry Brandy
- 3 cups Assorted Fruit (gala apples, grapes, cantaloupe, honey dew melon)
- 2 Oranges or 3 Tangerines
- 4-5 cups ice
- Cut all fruit (except citrus) into bite-sized pieces.
- Place fruit in container with lid.
- Pour brandy over fruit and soak overnight in refrigerator.
- Strain excess brandy from fruit.
- Combine red wine, infused fruit and lemon lime soda. Stir.
- Cut citrus in half and squeeze juice over wine mixture. Stir.
- Serve over ice in a wine glass or tumbler.
What will you be serving on Sunday during the big game? Winemaker Dan Cederquist will be serving his “Killer Guac” paired with chips and Matchbook 2016 Rose of Tempranillo. Dan says “fresh guacamole is a staple at my house, it is easy and delicious!”
Dan’s Killer Guacamole
1 dollop of sour cream
2 tbsp. of minced onions
2 jalapeno’s minced
1 splash of soy sauce
2 tbsp. of lemon juice
several dashes of Chalula hot sauce
salt & pepper to taste
Here’s how to make a Yolorita:
- 1 1/2 oz Matchbook Wines Tempranillo juice
- 1 1/2 oz Cazadores Tequila Blanco
- 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- Vigorously shaken with ice shaker
- Strained into salt rimmed martini glass, and
- Garnished with fresh lime