1. Can you describe your favorite Matchbook wine in 5 words? Extra points for rhyming.
- Maureen: “Pink, peach, crisp, all day!” (Tinto Rey Rosé)
- Kendall: “Sunset, boyfriend, content, toasted, bread.” (Matchbook Old Head Chardonnay)
- Greg: “Leather, pepper, cherry, gunsmoke, cassis.” (Mossback Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Wendy: “Red, bold, dry, smoky, smooth.” (Matchbook Petit Verdot)
- Anna: “Buttery, oaky, a little smoky.” *Extra points for rhyming! (The Arsonist Chardonnay)
2. Are you a fan of high 5’s? Yay or nay? If nay, what do you prefer?
- Maureen: “Yay!”
- Kendall: “Nay, I’ll take a 5 dollar bill :)”
- Greg: “Nay, I like a simple handshake and great wine conversation.”
- Wendy: “Yay, that would be ok.”
- Anna: “Yay!”
3. Quick – there’s a zombie apocalypse and they are coming towards the tasting room! You have time to grab 5 things, what do you go for?
- Maureen:“Cash drawer, 2 glasses, Greg to hold the door open and out I go with a pallet of wine!”
- Kendall: “Money, Old Head Chardonnay, wine glass charms, a bottle opener, and golf cart keys!”
- Greg: “Magnum of Mossback Cab, a bottle opener, wine glass, my keys, and my sunglasses.”
- Wendy: “Cash drawer, computer, rosé shirts, my purse, and some Petit Verdot.”
- Anna: “The wine club pick-up list, the wine club update list, any new wine club sign up forms, a bottle opener and a bottle of The Arsonist Chardonnay!”
4. You and 4 tasting room staffers form a band, what’s your band name?
- Maureen: “Hide the Wine!” – new country band
- Kendall: “Pour Choices” – electronica
- Greg: “Drunk by Noon!” – big band jazz
- Wendy: “The Bad Matches” – punk rock!
- Anna: “The Soft Tannins” – an indie band
5. Name 5 things you can’t live without?
- Maureen: “My kids, snack foods, Coca-Cola, sweatpants, and wine!”
- Kendall: “Coffee, chocolate, sushi, the gym, and Netflix.”
- Greg: “My wife, my dogs, my energy drinks, good food, and good wine.”
- Wendy: “Water, nature, love, respect, and meds. (For fun: shoes, nachos, jackets, bloody marys and dill pickles.)”
- Anna: “Friends, family, a good view, food, and Matchbook wines!”