Whether you’re a die-hard New England Patriots fan, a long-time Los Angeles Rams fan or you’re just in it for the commercials – there’s one thing all sides can agree on, Matchbook Party Dip is a delicious Super Bowl winner! Creamy, savory with an added kick of spice that pairs perfectly with our Matchbook Estate Bottled Petit Verdot.
“First thing you get is the smoothness and texture of the cheese married with the spicy sausage. The heat ramps up at the end of the palate which is reciprocated by the dominant, spiciness of the Petit Verdot. This is a big wine that begs for a powerful tasting counterpart and this dip does the trick!”– Matchbook team member and in-house taste tester, Ken Lazzaroni.
We like to make our wine club recipes quick and easy and this one’s no different. This recipe calls for a few simple ingredients and will be done in 30 minutes!
Makes: Approximately 5 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground spicy pork sausage
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato and green chiles, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 baguette or blue corn tortilla chips
- Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring until browned. Drain excess oil.
- Stir together sausage, diced tomato and chiles, cream cheese, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and 1-ounce of cilantro.
- Spoon into a 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro and serve with baguette slices or blue corn tortilla chips.
- Pairs perfectly with a rowdy Super Bowl party and our Estate Bottled Matchbook Petit Verdot!
Tips & Mods:
- Bake dip in small ramekins to serve as individual appetizers.
- Cutting carbs? Use fresh carrot and celery sticks in place of bread.
Visit our wine store to buy a bottle of Matchbook Estate Bottled Petit Verdot. Click here.
Want more information about how to join the Matchbook Wine Club? Visit our website, click here.