Our 2016 Matchbook Estate Bottled Old Head Chardonnay scored 92 POINTS & BEST BUY from Wine Enthusiast in the April 2018 issue! The glowing review called it a “creamy, yummy and full-bodied wine.”
“This review sets Matchbook Chardonnay ahead of the competition. 92 Points & Best Buy together are relatively unheard of for wines at this price point,” said Matchbook Owner John Giguiere. “This score is especially sweet because it speaks to the quality of wine we are producing here in the Dunnigan Hills.”
We couldn’t agree more with Wine Enthusiast’s flavor and palate description: “It has everything from toasty oak and lemon curd to mild marzipan nuances that interlace with good acidity for a balanced palate and a lingering finish.”
Click here to get a bottle of this “yummy” Matchbook Chardonnay today.
Celebrate your Valentine with Berry Kissed Sangria!
This fun and fruity cocktail blends a bottle of Mossback Central Coast Pinot Noir with a whole lot of love and some sangria fix’ins. We have shared the recipe below and encourage you to make some today!
Berry Kissed Sangria
- 1 bottle (750ml) Mossback Central Coast Pinot Noir
- 1 liter (about 4 cups) Lemon Lime Soda
- 3 cups Blackberry Brandy
- 3 cups Assorted Fruit (gala apples, grapes, cantaloupe, honey dew melon)
- 2 Oranges or 3 Tangerines
- 4-5 cups ice
- Cut all fruit (except citrus) into bite-sized pieces.
- Place fruit in container with lid.
- Pour brandy over fruit and soak overnight in refrigerator.
- Strain excess brandy from fruit.
- Combine red wine, infused fruit and lemon lime soda. Stir.
- Cut citrus in half and squeeze juice over wine mixture. Stir.
- Serve over ice in a wine glass or tumbler.